Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sibley Day



The motto of Sibley Day is” Take a day off from classes, but not from learning.” I attend to two of the seminars that they have on Sibley Day. The first one that I went was “Dynamic Professional cover letters and Resumes to open doors for interviews.” I really like this class because Professor Wehrli teach me a new knowledge on how to make good resumes and cover letters, also what things that you can or can’t do in preparing those things. She knows exactly what did her talking about and her presentation is really effective and right to the point. She mentioned to always proof read your cover letters and resumes before you send them to the company that you’re going to apply. She also showed us different styles of resumes that company would like to see.

The second one that I attended was “Preparing for a successful interview.” First, I thought this class is for every major in Lindenwood, but I found out that this class is only for education major. I sat in the front row because I really excited about this class before so I can’t just leave in the middle of the class. Even though it doesn’t relate with my major at all, but I learned a lot about education major and how to prepare for successful interview to be a teacher. There are two principals that teach us in that class, one from high school and one from elementary school. They shared their experienced back when they applied to be a teacher, and how do you work yourself up to be a good teacher.

Sibley Day is a good thing that Lindenwood University should have it every semester because you can take a day off from classes but still learning new things that related to your major or interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment