Thursday, March 12, 2009

Am I a Pirate?





First of all, I stopped buying CD since I’m in middle school because I can get all the music I want by downloading on the internet. I remember the first program that I used is Kazaa and I changed to Bearshare in high school because in Kazaa you have to specific amount per moth to get unlimited download. I downloaded everything, from songs to music video, and also movies. But most of the time, I got a lot of different viruses in my computer that came from the file that I downloaded. So that’s why you have to make sure that you have antivirus system in your computer before you download music or movies from the internet.

How the artist will make money for a living?

The first thing that comes to most people’s mind is this question. At the beginning of this movement of pirating music, artists did try so hard to stop that with sued the owners of these websites but it’s impossible to stop that if most people in the world do that. Even though it hurts the income of most artists that trying to make money, on the Brightside they get their songs popular faster in the public and most of the time people already know their songs before the new album come out. Moreover, with Myspace and Facebook, new artists put up their songs in their page so people will recognize and listens to their music. They used technology networking to get their name and song’s recognition from the audience.

How About Pirating Movies?

Most people that I know in the United States don’t download movies from the internet because it takes a long time and most of the times you didn’t get good quality movies. In the other hand, in Indonesia, there are a lot of people that sells all kinds of movies in DVDs that they downloaded from internet. Usually, it’s really cheap and it’s a good quality movie like an original DVD. Most people back home choose to buy those DVDs instead of paying more to watch in the theater. However, here in United States, I always go to Hulu to watch my favorite TV Shows.

Generation Y

Our Generation always wants everything fast, easy, and free. In my opinion, it’s not stealing anybody’s music or money because everything is offer to us to enjoy it. I know that they work hard for the music that they made but they use this thing as an opportunity to reach more fans.

Finally, it might be wrong or illegal but I’m not going to spend any money on music if I can get it for free on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment